Hit and never quit
Rainbow Sport Zurich is organising the badminton tournament for EuroGames Bern 2023. We will be offering a singles, doubles and mixed doubles tournament over the course of three full days:
- Wednesday, July 26: singles
- Thursday, July 27: mixed doubles
- Friday, July 28: doubles
The tournament consists of two rounds. The first round will be played in groups, the second round is the knockout stage. The tournament will be offered for levels A, B+, B-, C+ and C-. Please indicate your classification accurately so that we can guarantee a fair tournament that correctly reflects everyone’s skill level. We play with shuttles with natural feathers.
We interpret the Badminton levels as follows:
- A: International- and national-team level
- B+: Competitive level
- B-: Recreational with competition/tournament experience
- C: Recreational without competition/tournament experience.
In the event of insufficient registrations for any given competition, we reserve the right to merge competitions or to move participants to another competition. We will inform you through email should this be the case.
If you want to participate in the doubles or mixed doubles tournament, please make sure that you already have a partner. To register it is necessary to know their first and last name and email address. It is not possible to register without a partner (no «blind dates»).
Wednesday, July 26 –
Friday, July 28 2023
A, B+, B-, C+, C-
Singles, Mixed Doubles and Doubles
Registration for EGLSF members: €80
Registration for non EGLSF members: €100
Badminton sports fee for all days: €10
Registering for EuroGames 2023
Registration is open to everyone above the age of 18 regardless of skill level, sexual orientation, gender identity and nationality. A registration fee is required for all athletes.
What you can expect from participating in EuroGames 2023:
- You will receive a complimentary functional shirt (please indicate your size when registering) from our sports partners Craft and Ochsner Sport
- You will take part in a professionally organised tournament
- You have the chance to win a medal in your sport
- You will have access to discounts for selected events and parties
- You can participate in the Opening Ceremony
- You can participate in the Closing Ceremony Ceremony
- You will have access to the EuroGames Village in the Old Town of Bern
- You can experience BernPride on Saturday, July 29, 2023
- You can attend several side events and cultural programs
Early Bird: 100 days
We offer an early bird special for select groups for the first 100 days of our registration period until November 7, 2022. Please avail of the following discount codes:
- XX Euro discount for all participants under 25 years: YOUTHOUTREACH22
- XX Euro discount for all participants from countries outside of Western Europe and North America: GLOBALOUTREACH22
All registered participants will receive our official athlete’s shirt.
Your location for Badminton
Venue – to be confirmed
Food & Beverage
We are currently working on a catering concept for the tournament days. We will provide more information in June 2023.
Good to know
Please be aware that this location is not yet definitely confirmed for the badminton tournament. We will update this page as soon as we have a final confirmation.
How to get there
Take bus line 11 «Neufeld P+R» to the last stop. Travel time from Bern main station is approximately 8 minutes.
If staying at a hotel or registered Airbnb, you will receive a Bern Ticket for free access to public transport to all sports locations.