When in doubt, dribble
Team München is co-organising the basketball tournament with EuroGames Bern 2023. We’re offering a recreational tournament for female-identified and non-binary players. Please be aware that we may make mix certain levels, should we not receive enough registrations to conduct a tournament.
We play according to the rules of the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) with some exceptions in playing time, free throws, as well as team and personal fouls (see rules below). Games are made up of two halves of 12 minutes each.
A team consists of 5 to 12 players. We recommend a minimum of 7 players per team. Female-identified teams play with size 6 basketballs.
It is possible to register for the tournament as a team or without one. Please keep in mind that the registration fee is due per person. Should there be a high number of participating teams final games may be held on the morning of Saturday, July 29. We will communicate four weeks in advance should this be the case.
- Aufschlag Vienna (Austria)
- Hellvetia Devils (Switzerland)
- 665xxx (Germany
- Individual Player Team (International)
|14:00||Aufschlag – Hellvetia Devils||665xxx|
|14:40||665xxx – International Team||Aufschlag|
|15:30||Aufschlag – 665xxx||Hellvetia|
|16:00||Hellvetia – International Team||665xxx|
|16:50||665xxx – Hellvetia||International|
|17:20||Aufschlag – International Team||Hellvetia|
|18:00||End of Tournament Day 1|
|15:00||1st Semifinal First-Fourth||Third-place team|
|15:45||2nd Semifinal Second-Third||First-place team|
|16:30||Third-place game||tbd (to be determined)|
|17:20||Final||tbd (to be determined)|
Thursday, July 27, 13:30 – 18:00
Friday, July 28, 14:30 – 18:00
Separate tournaments for male/mixed teams and for female-identified teams
31 May or when tournament is full
Registration for EGLSF members: €80
Registration for non EGLSF members: €100
Basketball sports fee: €10
- Basketball Aufschlag Vienna
- Bern Individual Player Team
- Hellvetia Devils
Registering for EuroGames 2023
Registration is open to everyone above the age of 18 regardless of skill level, sexual orientation, gender identity and nationality. A registration fee is required for all athletes.
What you can expect from participating in EuroGames 2023:
- You will receive a complimentary functional shirt (please indicate your size when registering) from our sports partners Craft and Ochsner Sport
- You will take part in a professionally organised tournament
- You have the chance to win a medal in your sport
- You will have access to discounts for selected events and parties
- You can participate in the Opening Ceremony
- You can participate in the Closing Ceremony Ceremony
- You will have access to the EuroGames Village in the Old Town of Bern
- You can experience BernPride on Saturday, July 29, 2023
- You can attend several side events and cultural programs
All registered participants will receive our official athlete’s shirt.
Your location for Basketball
Food & Beverage
We are currently working on a catering concept for the tournament days. We will provide more information in June 2023.
Good to know
You will be playing in a newly renovated full size court. The sports hall is located just a short bus ride from the EuroGames Village.
How to get there
Take tram 9 «Wankdorf Bahnhof» or bus 10 «Ostermundigen Rüti» and get off at «Viktoriaplatz», Travel time is approximately 5 minutes from Bern train station. Walking time from «Viktoriaplatz» to the sports hall is 3 minutes.
If staying at a hotel or registered Airbnb, you will receive a Bern Ticket for free access to public transport to all sports locations.