Always protect your queen
Get your pawns in line because we are looking forward to welcoming you to the EuroGames Bern 2023 chess tournament. Schachklub Bern has many years of tournament experience and will be in charge of running the competition.
We are organising all gender tournaments on two levels: competitive and recreational. The tournament will be judged according to the rules of the International Chess Federation (FIDE).
When registering you have the option to indicate your rankings according to the following standards:
- SSB-Rating Standard
- FIDE-Rating Rapid
- FIDE-Rating Standard
- Online-Rating in Blitz or Rapid (lichess.org, chess24, chess.com etc.)
An indication of your ranking is not compulsory to take part in the chess tournament.
Friday, July 28, 2023
All gender tournament
Registration for EGLSF members: €80
Registration for non EGLSF members: €100
Chess sports fee: €10
Registering for EuroGames 2023
Registration is open to everyone above the age of 18 regardless of skill level, sexual orientation, gender identity and nationality. A registration fee is required for all athletes.
What you can expect from participating in EuroGames 2023:
- You will receive a complimentary functional shirt (please indicate your size when registering) from our sports partners Craft and Ochsner Sport
- You will take part in a professionally organised tournament
- You have the chance to win a medal in your sport
- You will have access to discounts for selected events and parties
- You can participate in the Opening Ceremony
- You can participate in the Closing Ceremony Ceremony
- You will have access to the EuroGames Village in the Old Town of Bern
- You can experience BernPride on Saturday, July 29, 2023
- You can attend several side events and cultural programs
Early Bird: 100 days
We offer an early bird special for select groups for the first 100 days of our registration period until November 7, 2022. Please avail of the following discount codes:
- XX Euro discount for all participants under 25 years: YOUTHOUTREACH22
- XX Euro discount for all participants from countries outside of Western Europe and North America: GLOBALOUTREACH22
All registered participants will receive our official athlete’s shirt.
Your location for Chess
Weissenstein Sporthallen & Sportplatz
Food & Beverage
We are currently working on a catering concept for the tournament days. We will provide more information in June 2023.
Good to know
The sports halls Weissenstein are a modern sports complex with two triple gyms. The venue has already been used for other chess tournaments.
How to get there
Take bus line 17 «Köniz Weiermatt» to the «Hardegg Vidmar» stop. Travel time from Bern main station is approximately 8 minutes. The bus stop is located directly infront of the sports halls.
If staying at a hotel or registered Airbnb, you will receive a Bern Ticket for free access to public transport to all sports locations.