Our understanding of diversity and inclusion is based on mutual acceptance and respect. By that we mean accepting our individual differences and respecting that every person is unique in terms of ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, political beliefs and athletic abilities.
EuroGames 2023 Bern is all about creating a safe, positive and nurturing environment where we can explore these differences and celebrate the many dimensions of diversity contained within each individual and our communities.
Diversity and inclusion not only encompass the mutual respect for qualities and experiences that are different from our own, but also the understanding that
forms of discrimination create privileges for some while creating disadvantages
At EuroGames we strive to implement a set of conscious practices that involve:
• Recognising that there is gender beyond the binary.
• Understanding that every coming out process is different and unique.
• Engaging all athletes, staff, volunteers, sponsors, partners, external experts and referees in our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Respecting the individual’s right to self-identification.
• Establishing a safe space that is open to each individual.
By protecting diversity and promoting inclusion, we will create a cooperative community based on equity and mutual respect – the foundation for a success-oriented tournament.