Talk to the hand
We are excited to offer this year’s tournament in a professional handball arena! The competition will take place on Thursday, July 27 and Friday, July 28.
We are offering a tournament for male-identified, female-identified and nonbinary teams.
The tournament will be judged according to the rules of the International Handball Federation (IHF). You can find them here.
A more detailed schedule for the tournament will follow.
It is possible to register for the tournament as a team or without one. When registering as a single player, please indicate if your position. Please keep in mind that the registration fee is due per person.
Thursday, July 27 – Friday, July 28 2023
Group stages and finals
Registration for EGLSF members: €80
Registration for non EGLSF members: €100
Handball sports fee: €10
Registering for EuroGames 2023
Registration is open to everyone above the age of 18 regardless of skill level, sexual orientation, gender identity and nationality. A registration fee is required for all athletes.
What you can expect from participating in EuroGames 2023:
- You will receive a complimentary functional shirt (please indicate your size when registering) from our sports partners Craft and Ochsner Sport
- You will take part in a professionally organised tournament
- You have the chance to win a medal in your sport
- You will have access to discounts for selected events and parties
- You can participate in the Opening Ceremony
- You can participate in the Closing Ceremony Ceremony
- You will have access to the EuroGames Village in the Old Town of Bern
- You can experience BernPride on Saturday, July 29, 2023
- You can attend several side events and cultural programs
All registered participants will receive our official athlete’s shirt.
Your location for Handball
Die Mobiliar Arena
3073 Muri bei Bern
Food & Beverage
We are currently working on a catering concept for the tournament days. We will provide more information in June 2023.
Good to know
Die Mobiliar Arena is a state-of-the-art facility for handball tournaments and was the venue for the men’s, women’s and junior’s Swiss Cup Finals 2021/2022. We guarantee that you will be playing in Switzerland’s most professional handball arena!
How to get there
Option 1: Take train S1 «Thun» or S2 «Langnau» from Bern’s main station and get off at «Gümligen». Travel time: 8 minutes. The arena is a 6 minute walk away (450 metres).
Option 2: Take tram line 6 «Worb Dorf» and get off at «Gümligen Hofgut» stop. Travel time from Bern main station is approximately 18 minutes. The arena is a 4 minute walk away (350 metres).
If staying at a hotel or registered Airbnb, you will receive a Bern Ticket for free access to public transport to all sports locations.