Blood, sweat and rugby
We are proud to offer Rugby Touch in our official sports programme together with our partner Rugby Club Bern.
This tournament will be played in mixed teams and with the official Federation of International Touch (FIT) Playing Rules (no full-contact). A team consists of a maximum of 14 players per game and is played with rolling subs, but at any time, three female players of each team must be on the pitch (the other players can be of any gender). Each game consists of two halftimes of 12 to 15 minutes.
Depending on the number of teams, each team will play at least five games (three games in the group phase and two games in the finals).
It is possible to register for the tournament as a team or without one. Please keep in mind that the registration fee is due per person.
Friday, July 28, 2023
All genders mixed tournament
Registration fee: €110
Special introductory fee: €65 per person
Registering for EuroGames 2023
Registration is open to everyone above the age of 18 regardless of skill level, sexual orientation, gender identity and nationality. A registration fee is required for all athletes.
What you can expect from participating in EuroGames 2023:
- You will receive a complimentary functional shirt (please indicate your size when registering) from our sports partners Craft and Ochsner Sport
- You will take part in a professionally organised tournament
- You have the chance to win a medal in your sport
- You will have access to discounts for selected events and parties
- You can participate in the Opening Ceremony
- You can participate in the Closing Ceremony Ceremony
- You will have access to the EuroGames Village in the Old Town of Bern
- You can experience BernPride on Saturday, July 29, 2023
- You can attend several side events and cultural programs
All registered participants will receive our official athlete’s shirt.
Your location for Rugby Touch
Sports Hub Wankdorf
Food & Beverage
We are currently working on a catering concept for the tournament days. We will provide more information in June 2023.
Good to know
Lockers are available inside the sports hall to store your valuables. There are small lockers in the hallway which require a two franc coin deposit. Bigger lockers are available in the changing rooms. Please bring a padlock to make use of the bigger lockers. Do not leave your valuables overnight.
How to get there
Option 1: Take tram line 9 «Wankdorf Bahnhof» to the «Wankdorfplatz» stop. Travel time from Bern main station is approximately 13 minutes.
Option 2: Take bus line 20 «Wankdorf Bahnhof» to the «Wyler» stop. Travel time from Bern main station is approximately 9 minutes.
If staying at a hotel or registered Airbnb, you will receive a Bern Ticket for free access to public transport to all sports locations.