Pardon our dust
The Track and Field tournament will take place at the SportsHub Wankdorf. This particular 400m track is the home turf of Mujinga Kambundji, 60 metres 2022 World indoor champion and current Swiss record holder over 60 metres, 100 metres and 200 metres.
A sport defined by a strict gender binary, we look forward to offering a third gender category for nonbinary athletes. Male categories are open to all who identify as male and female categories are open to all who identify as female.
The Olympic disciplines in the Track & Field competition include the following disciplines:
- Running: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, and 1500m
- Hurdles: 100m, 110m and 400m
- Throwing: discus, javelin and shot put
- Jumping: long jump, triple jump and high jump
Keeping with EuroGames tradition there will also be a Swedish relay. The relay teams will be formed on the day of the competition. You can indicate without obligation during registration whether you are interested in a relay start or not.
The technical instructions of the competition can be downloaded here.
Our results will be posted live in «Live-Resultate» on the website of Swiss Athletics.
|9:45||110m hurdles/100m hurdles|
|17:00||Swedish relay 400x300x200x100|
Entry List / Checking
All athletes must confirm their participation by marking a cross on the entry list located on the notice board behind the registration desk no later than 1 hour before the start of their respective event. For track races, the heats will be organized, and the lanes will be drawn after this. Failure to mark attendance will result in exclusion from the competition (discipline).
Participants can bring their own equipment, which must be inspected at the weight check area in the equipment room (next to the 100m start) no later than 1 hour before the competition begins.
Please report to the competition area at the following times:
• Sprints / Races: 15 minutes before the start
• High Jump, Triple Jump, Long Jump, Shot Put, Discus Throw, Javelin Throw: 15 minutes before the beginning of the event.
Number of Attempts
• All categories: A total of 4 attempts allowed.
Event-specific Instructions / Increment Heights
• Races: Heats will be arranged based on best times. EuroGames athletes without best times will start in mixed heats (MASTERS, MAN, WOMAN, NONBINARY).
• High Jump: The increment height is 5 cm, reduced to 3 cm with the unanimous agreement of 3 remaining athletes. If only one athlete remains, the increment height should be at least 2 cm. (see also IWR 184.4).
Thursday, July 27 2023
Active, Masters (35+)
100, 100/110m hurdles, 200m, 400m, 400m hurdles, 800m, 1500m, relay, javelin throw, discus throw, shot put, high jump, long jump and triple jump
Registration for EGLSF members: €80
Registration for non EGLSF members: €100
Track and Field sports fee: €10
Registering for EuroGames 2023
Registration is open to everyone above the age of 18 regardless of skill level, sexual orientation, gender identity and nationality. A registration fee is required for all athletes.
What you can expect from participating in EuroGames 2023:
- You will receive a complimentary functional shirt (please indicate your size when registering) from our sports partners Craft and Ochsner Sport
- You will take part in a professionally organised tournament
- You have the chance to win a medal in your sport
- You will have access to discounts for selected events and parties
- You can participate in the Opening Ceremony
- You can participate in the Closing Ceremony Ceremony
- You will have access to the EuroGames Village in the Old Town of Bern
- You can experience BernPride on Saturday, July 29, 2023
- You can attend several side events and cultural programs
All registered participants will receive our official athlete’s shirt.
Your location for Track and Field
Sports Hub Wankdorf
Food & Beverage
We are currently working on a catering concept for the tournament days. We will provide more information in June 2023.
Good to know
Lockers are available inside the sports hall to store your valuables. There are small lockers in the hallway which require a two franc coin deposit. Bigger lockers are available in the changing rooms. Please bring a padlock to make use of the bigger lockers. Do not leave your valuables overnight.
How to get there
Option 1: Take tram line 9 «Wankdorf Bahnhof» to the «Wankdorfplatz» stop. Travel time from Bern main station is approximately 13 minutes.
Option 2: Take bus line 20 «Wankdorf Bahnhof» to the «Wyler» stop. Travel time from Bern main station is approximately 9 minutes.
If staying at a hotel or registered Airbnb, you will receive a Bern Ticket for free access to public transport to all sports locations.