Get in the pool
The tradition of Water Polo competitions will continue at EuroGames Bern 2023. The tournament will take place on Thursday, July 27 and Friday, July 28.
Recreational and competitive tournaments are planned for female-identified and male-identified teams, which are all open to nonbinary players. Please be aware that we may make mix certain teams and levels, should we not receive enough registrations to conduct a tournament.
The rough schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, July 27: group matches
- Friday, July 28: group matches, knock-out stage, finals
It is possible to register for the tournament as a team or without one. Please keep in mind that the registration fee is due per person.
Thursday, July 27 – Friday, July 28, 2023
Group stages and knockout round for male-identified and female-identified teams, all are open to nonbinary players
Registration for EGLSF members: €80
Registration for non EGLSF members: €100
Water Polo sports fee: €10
Registering for EuroGames 2023
Registration is open to everyone above the age of 18 regardless of skill level, sexual orientation, gender identity and nationality. A registration fee is required for all athletes.
What you can expect from participating in EuroGames 2023:
- You will receive a complimentary functional shirt (please indicate your size when registering) from our sports partners Craft and Ochsner Sport
- You will take part in a professionally organised tournament
- You have the chance to win a medal in your sport
- You will have access to discounts for selected events and parties
- You can participate in the Opening Ceremony
- You can participate in the Closing Ceremony Ceremony
- You will have access to the EuroGames Village in the Old Town of Bern
- You can experience BernPride on Saturday, July 29, 2023
- You can attend several side events and cultural programs
All registered participants will receive our official athlete’s shirt.
Your location for Water Polo
Food & Beverage
We are currently working on a catering concept for the tournament days. We will provide more information in June 2023.
Good to know
Ka-We-De is where Bern’s Water Polo club SK Bern has their home games. The pool usually works as a wave pool. The venue also features a 10m waterslide and kids pool. Designed by Rudolf von Simmer and Hans Beyeler, the complex was built in 1932-34 with much of the original architecture preserved up to this day.
How to get there
Take bus line 19 «Elfenau» to the «Ka-We-De» stop. Travel time from Bern main station is approximately 6 minutes. The swimming pool Ka-We-De is located only a few minutes from the bus stop.
If staying at a hotel or registered Airbnb, you will receive a Bern Ticket for free access to public transport to all sports locations.