Knock them down!
Gay & Lesbian Sport Bern GLSBe is organising the bowling tournament at EuroGames Bern 2023. The competition will take place at CineBowling Muri, located just outside of Bern. The venue is fairly new, having opened in 2018, and boasts a well-equipped facility with 12 lanes. Free shoe rental is available for all EuroGames participants.
Three competitions will be held: Singles (male-identified/female-identified/non-binary), doubles (male-identified/female-identified/non-binary) and mixed team (4 players).
It is not necessary to indicate your handicap during registration. Your handicap will be calculated on the day of the tournament on the basis of an average value.
In case of a lower number of participants, the tournament will only be held on Thursday, 27 July. Should this be the case we will inform you by 31 May, 2023 so you have the opportunity to add a second sport to your EuroGames programme. The tournament will be directed by Tammo van den Heuvel, manager of GLSBe’s bowling group.
Thursday, July 26 – Friday, July 27, 2023
Your handicap will be calculated based on an average value.
Singles, doubles, teams (mixed)
Sports Fee: €25
Feldstrasse 32, 3073 Muri b. Bern
Food & Beverage
Drinks, Snacks and free water are available at the bar. The burger restaurant «Hans im Glück» is located next door.
Please note that you cannot bring food and drinks to the venue.
Good to know
Free shoe rental is available for all EuroGames participants. Of course you are welcome to bring your own bowling shoes.
How to get there
Take tram line 6 «Worb Dorf/Gümligen» to the «Muri» stop. Then take bus 40 «Allmendingen/Sonnenfeld» to the «Gümligenfeld» stop. CineBowling is located a few minutes walk from the bus stop. Travel time by public transport from the city centre is approximately 30 minutes. For those arriving by car there is paid parking available.
If staying at a hotel or registered Airbnb, you receive a Bern Ticket for free access to public transport to all sports locations.
Registering for EuroGames 2023
Registration is open to everyone above the age of 16 regardless of skill level, sexual orientation, gender identity and nationality. A registration fee is required for all athletes.
Registration fee for EGLSF-members: €80
Registration fee for Non-EGLSF-members: €100
Sports fee: between €10 and €40 depending on the sport
What you can expect from participating in EuroGames 2023:
- You will receive a complimentary functional shirt (please indicate your size when registering) from our sports partner Craft
- You will take part in a professionally organised tournament
- You have the chance to win a medal or certificate in your sport
- You will have access to discounts for selected events and parties
- You can participate in the Opening Ceremony
- You can participate in the Closing Ceremony Ceremony
- You will have access to the EuroGames Village in the Old Town of Bern
- You can experience BernPride on Saturday, July 29, 2023
- You can attend several side events and cultural programs
Early Bird: 100 days
We offer an early bird special for select groups for the first 100 days of our registration period until November 7, 2022. Please avail of the following discount codes:
- XX Euro discount for all participants under 25 years: YOUTHOUTREACH22
- XX Euro discount for all participants from countries outside of Western Europe and North America: GLOBALOUTREACH22
All registered participants will receive our official athlete’s shirt from our sports partner Craft.