EuroGames Bern respects your privacy and will protect your personal data that we process. We strive to always maintain a high level of security for all personal data you provide to us when you visit our website and/or register as participant of EuroGames Bern 2023.
Who are we?
EuroGames Bern (EGB) is a Swiss non-profit association with the purpose of organizing EuroGames Bern 2023 and BernPride. We have the following contact details:
As a controller of data in Switzerland we are bound by the Swiss Data Protection Act 2020.
How to contact us
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect information about you by the following means:
- Data collection forms that you complete on our website or on partner websites in order to register for an event or service or to request further information.
- Cookies, pixel tags and other technologies embedded on our website or app.
- Proximity data collected via Bluetooth or other proximity technologies during an event.
- Data passed to us by a third party data processor appointed by us to manage registration for certain events or activities.
- Information on paper or other non-electronic means that is entered onto our database or other systems manually.
- Data provided to us from partner organisations.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following categories of personal data about you:
- Your basic information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number etc.
- Personal information you give to us when registering to participate or attend an event, such as your sexuality, gender identity, dietary requirements, membership of other organizations and country of residence etc.
- Information about the ways in which you interact with us such as emails you’ve sent us, surveys you’ve filled out, contests or events you’ve taken part in etc.
- Information about you that we’ve obtained from social networks, including, but not limited to, comments, behaviour, and interactions.
- Information about your digital activities, such as browsing history, e-mail activity, and physical presence, through cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies such as beacons and WiFi access points, including IP-addresses and MAC-addresses.
How do we use your personal information?
The information about you may be used for the following purposes:
- Promoting and marketing EuroGames Bern 2023 and BernPride
- Providing you with newsletters and various communications, including benefits such as exclusive news and deals
- Recruiting volunteers for EuroGames Bern 2023 and BernPride
- Soliciting donations to finance various parts of EuroGames Bern 2023 and BernPride
- Consumer analysis and segmentation, including tailoring the content of newsletters, other communications, and other media
- Evaluating and developing EuroGames Bern 2023 and BernPride
- Facilitating your participation in EuroGames Bern 2023 including but not limited to sports tournaments, activities, cultural events, BernPride Parade and events.
Processing your personal data will in some cases be necessary to deliver a given service, such as for example registering you as a participant at EuroGames Bern 2023 and ensuring your needs are met as far as is practical for us to do so. Processing your personal data may also be necessary for us to comply with a request made by you, such as sending your newsletters, providing you with information about EuroGames Bern 2023 and BernPride, letting you know about ways to volunteer etc.
The processing of your personal data may also be based on our legitimate interests in knowing more about our consumers to provide you with more tailored content, to develop and evaluate EuroGames Bern 2023 and BernPride, and to conduct statistics and analyses.
We may share your personal information with law enforcement agencies in Switzerland where we are required to do so by law or where we believe this is in the public interest or in the interest of preventing harm to an individual or individuals.
Communications and marketing
If you give consent, we will send you marketing communications by email and other technologies. You may manage your subscriptions at any time by changing your settings. Should you wish to completely opt-out of receiving any e-mails from us, you should unsubscribe from our e-mail list by clicking the link in any email we send to you or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to make the request. You have the option to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
How do we share your personal information?
We maintain a right to make your personal data available to the European Gay and Lesbian Sports Federation [EGLSF].
We may share your personal data with third party providers such as, but not limited to, online registration providers, marketing services, shipping companies etc. to carry out requests made by you and conduct our business.
We may also share your personal information with third parties that assist us with marketing towards you, for example social networks. We will always ensure that such third parties only use the personal information to promote EuroGames Bern 2023 and BernPride and goods and services in relation to this and only do so in accordance with our instructions.
When do we delete your personal information?
We will retain your personal data for as long as we are legally required to do so. Your personal data will be stored for the duration of your subscription or until December 31, 2024, or for as long as it remains relevant to EGB. You can email us at email@example.com at any time to request that your personal data be removed from our records and we will do this within three business days of receipt of your request.
We may transfer your personal data to countries outside Switzerland and outside the EU/EEA. When we do so, it will either be to a country that authorities deem able to provide an adequate level of protection, or subject to a written data processor agreement containing obligations for the disclosing and receiving party. The agreement will be based on the “Standard Contractual Clauses” approved by the European Commission or similar.
Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject, you maintain the right to recall any consent(s) given in regard to our use of your personal data at any time.
You have the right to access your personal data and to obtain information about how we process it. You may also modify your personal data to make sure it is correct, and you may ask us to limit or cease the processing of your personal data or to delete it. You may object to the processing of your personal data.
To modify your subscriptions or to completely opt-out of receiving marketing communications and news from EuroGames Bern 2023 and BernPride via email, please let us know by unsubscribing or click on the link in all our newsletters to opt-out of that particular service or to update your settings. Our contact information is stated above in the “How to Contact Us” section. You may also file a complaint with a competent data protection authority; in Switzerland this is the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
How do we protect your information?
We care about the protection of your personal data and will apply industry standard security measures to ensure adequate protection of your data.
We would love to hear from you if you have any questions, concerns or comments.
We use similar privacy policies as EuroGames Copenhagen 2021 and EuroGames Nijmegen 2022. We thank the respective organisers for their support.