Ça roule à la pétanque!
Pétanque is all about social interaction and inclusion. Everyone can play, regardless of age or gender. That makes the sport a great fit for EuroGames! We are very happy to have found a great partner with Bern’s PC Boulissima who will be organising the pétanque tournament.
We are playing a doublettes tournament according to the Swiss System. When registering, you can indicate if you have a pétanque partner or if you wish to be paired up at the start of the tournament. As is custom, please bring your own set of boules. If you don’t have any, please indicate it in the registration system and we will be happy to provide you with boules to play.
- Thursday, July 27, 13:30 – 17:00: Optional practice and social play – come and go as you please
- Friday, July 28, 9:30 – 17:00: Tournament
We will be playing two games before lunch and three games in the afternoon before finals. One game can take up to 60 minutes.
We are limiting the tournament to 22 teams, 44 persons respectively. Sign up before this tournament is full!
Friday, July 28, 2023
9:30 – 17:00
Optional practice day
Thursday, July 27, 2023
13:30 – 17:00
Registration for EGLSF members: €80
Registration for non EGLSF members: €100
Pétanque sports fee: €10
Registering for EuroGames 2023
Registration is open to everyone above the age of 18 regardless of skill level, sexual orientation, gender identity and nationality. A registration fee is required for all athletes.
What you can expect from participating in EuroGames 2023:
- You will receive a complimentary functional shirt (please indicate your size when registering) from our sports partners Craft and Ochsner Sport
- You will take part in a professionally organised tournament
- You have the chance to win a medal in your sport
- You will have access to discounts for selected events and parties
- You can participate in the Opening Ceremony
- You can participate in the Closing Ceremony Ceremony
- You will have access to the EuroGames Village in the Old Town of Bern
- You can experience BernPride on Saturday, July 29, 2023
- You can attend several side events and cultural programs
Early Bird: 100 days
We offer an early bird special for select groups for the first 100 days of our registration period until November 7, 2022. Please avail of the following discount codes:
- XX Euro discount for all participants under 25 years: YOUTHOUTREACH22
- XX Euro discount for all participants from countries outside of Western Europe and North America: GLOBALOUTREACH22
All registered participants will receive our official athlete’s shirt.
Your location for Pétanque
Food & Beverage
Complimentary croissants will be available at the start of the tournament. PC Boulissima will be firing up the grill at noon and selling lunch. Please bring cash (Swiss Franc or Euros) or your own food to put on the grill.
Good to know
PC Boulissima offers 11 pitches close to Bern’s city center. As we want to keep everyone playing simultaneously, we are limiting registration to 22 teams.
How to get there
The tournament will take place on PC Boulissima’s pétanque pitch located close to Bern’s city center. You can easily walk there within 15 minutes from Bern’s train station. If you’d like to take public transport, get off at «Sulgenau» (line 9 or 19) which is located 450 metres from the pitch.
If staying at a hotel or registered Airbnb, you will receive a Bern Ticket for free access to public transport to all sports locations.