Blood, sweat and rugby
We are proud to offer Rugby in our official sports programme together with our partner Rugby Club Bern.
The Rugby tournaments will be played as 7s tournaments (7 a-side, Women’s and Men’s, full contact). The official World Rugby Rules will apply for the 7s tournament.
There will be a woman’s and a men’s 7s tournament. A Team consists of a maximum of 12 players. Each game consists of two halftimes of 7 minutes with a two-minute break.
Depending on the number of teams, each team will play at least five games (three games in the group phase and two games in the finals).
Important: Inexperienced players interested in the sport should contact the sports managment and rather register for Rugby Touch.
It is possible to register for the tournament as a team or without one. Please keep in mind that the registration fee is due per person.
Thursday, July 27 – Friday, July 28, 2023
Female-identified and male-identified tournaments, open for nonbinary players
Registration for EGLSF members: €80
Registration for non EGLSF members: €100
Rugby sports fee: €10
Registering for EuroGames 2023
Registration is open to everyone above the age of 18 regardless of skill level, sexual orientation, gender identity and nationality. A registration fee is required for all athletes.
What you can expect from participating in EuroGames 2023:
- You will receive a complimentary functional shirt (please indicate your size when registering) from our sports partners Craft and Ochsner Sport
- You will take part in a professionally organised tournament
- You have the chance to win a medal in your sport
- You will have access to discounts for selected events and parties
- You can participate in the Opening Ceremony
- You can participate in the Closing Ceremony Ceremony
- You will have access to the EuroGames Village in the Old Town of Bern
- You can experience BernPride on Saturday, July 29, 2023
- You can attend several side events and cultural programs
All registered participants will receive our official athlete’s shirt.
Your location for Rugby
Sports Hub Wankdorf
Food & Beverage
We are currently working on a catering concept for the tournament days. We will provide more information in June 2023.
Good to know
Lockers are available inside the sports hall to store your valuables. There are small lockers in the hallway which require a two franc coin deposit. Bigger lockers are available in the changing rooms. Please bring a padlock to make use of the bigger lockers. Do not leave your valuables overnight.
How to get there
Option 1: Take tram line 9 «Wankdorf Bahnhof» to the «Wankdorfplatz» stop. Travel time from Bern main station is approximately 13 minutes.
Option 2: Take bus line 20 «Wankdorf Bahnhof» to the «Wyler» stop. Travel time from Bern main station is approximately 9 minutes.
If staying at a hotel or registered Airbnb, you will receive a Bern Ticket for free access to public transport to all sports locations.