Just keep swimming
The Swimming tournament will take place at Hallenbad Wyler, a 25 metre pool with five lanes and an additional pool for warming up.
A sport defined by a strict gender binary, we look forward to offering a third gender category for nonbinary athletes. Male categories are open to all who identify as male and female categories are open to all who identify as female.
The disciplines in the Swimming competition include the following disciplines:
- Freestyle: 50, 100, 200, 400, 800 and 1500
- Breaststroke: 50, 100 and 200
- Backstroke: 50, 100 and 200
- Butterfly: 50, 100 and 200
- Individual medley: 100, 200, and 400
If you participate in the Swimming competition, you can compete in a relay as well. The disciplines in the relay are:
- Freestyle: 4×50, 4×100 and 4×200
- Medley: 4×50 and 4×200
The relay teams will be formed on the day of the competition. You can indicate without obligation during registration whether you are interested in a relay start or not.
A specific timetable will be published in June 2023.
Thursday, July 27, 2023 – Friday, July 28, 2023
Active, Masters (35+)
Freestyle, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Backstroke and Individual Medley
Registration for EGLSF members: €80
Registration for non EGLSF members: €100
Swimming sports fee: €10
Registering for EuroGames 2023
Registration is open to everyone above the age of 18 regardless of skill level, sexual orientation, gender identity and nationality. A registration fee is required for all athletes.
What you can expect from participating in EuroGames 2023:
- You will receive a complimentary functional shirt (please indicate your size when registering) from our sports partners Craft and Ochsner Sport
- You will take part in a professionally organised tournament
- You have the chance to win a medal in your sport
- You will have access to discounts for selected events and parties
- You can participate in the Opening Ceremony
- You can participate in the Closing Ceremony Ceremony
- You will have access to the EuroGames Village in the Old Town of Bern
- You can experience BernPride on Saturday, July 29, 2023
- You can attend several side events and cultural programs
All registered participants will receive our official athlete’s shirt.
Your location for Swimming
Food & Beverage
We are currently working on a catering concept for the tournament days. We will provide more information in June 2023.
Good to know
The Wyler indoor pool is not far from the SportsHub Wankdorf, where multiple EuroGames Bern 2023 tournaments will be held. In order to get to the SportsHub, take Bus 20 «Wankdorf Bahnhof» for three stops and get off at «Wyler». If you decide to walk it is about 20 minutes or 1,7 kilometres.
How to get there
Take bus line 20 «Wankdorf Bahnhof» to the «Breitfeld» stop. Travel time from Bern main station is approximately 9 minutes. Walk 5 minutes (400 metres) to reach the indoor pool.
If staying at a hotel or registered Airbnb, you will receive a Bern Ticket for free access to public transport to all sports locations.