Wrestling is life, the rest is just details
We are offering Wrestling at EuroGames Bern 2023 in cooperation with Rainbow Sport Zurich’s wrestling group. The competitions will be offered in the disciplines freestyle and grappling and will be held in the three gender categories male-identifies, female-identified and nonbinary. Rules of United World Wrestling (UWW) apply.
- Thursday, July 27: introductions, training, wrestling workshop
- Friday, July 28: wrestling tournament
The tournament is open to the following age groups:
- open (18-35)
- masters (36-49)
- veterans (50+)
Within the age groups the following weight classes apply:
- under 48kg
- under 57kg
- under 68kg
- under 74kg
- under 90kg
- under 100kg
- under 130kg
Thursday, July 27 – Friday, July 28, 2023
Registration for EGLSF members: €80
Registration for non EGLSF members: €100
Wrestling sports fee: €10
Registering for EuroGames 2023
Registration is open to everyone above the age of 18 regardless of skill level, sexual orientation, gender identity and nationality. A registration fee is required for all athletes.
What you can expect from participating in EuroGames 2023:
- You will receive a complimentary functional shirt (please indicate your size when registering) from our sports partners Craft and Ochsner Sport
- You will take part in a professionally organised tournament
- You have the chance to win a medal in your sport
- You will have access to discounts for selected events and parties
- You can participate in the Opening Ceremony
- You can participate in the Closing Ceremony Ceremony
- You will have access to the EuroGames Village in the Old Town of Bern
- You can experience BernPride on Saturday, July 29, 2023
- You can attend several side events and cultural programs
All registered participants will receive our official athlete’s shirt.
Your location for Wrestling
Sports Hub Wankdorf
Food & Beverage
We are currently working on a catering concept for the tournament days. We will provide more information in June 2023.
Good to know
Wrestling will be in the smaller sports hall located adjacent to the main sports hall. Lockers are available inside the main sports hall to store your valuables. There are small lockers in the hallway which require a two franc coin deposit. Bigger lockers are available in the changing rooms. Please bring a padlock to make use of the bigger lockers. Do not leave your valuables overnight.
How to get there
Option 1: Take tram line 9 «Wankdorf Bahnhof» to the «Wankdorfplatz» stop. Travel time from Bern main station is approximately 13 minutes.
Option 2: Take bus line 20 «Wankdorf Bahnhof» to the «Wyler» stop. Travel time from Bern main station is approximately 9 minutes.
If staying at a hotel or registered Airbnb, you will receive a Bern Ticket for free access to public transport to all sports locations.