Your biggest rival is you
Frontrunners Bern invite you to join the PrideRun 5K/10K at EuroGames Bern 2023. It doesn’t matter if you show up in your most colourful Pride outfit, in drag, in a costume or in your plain old running clothes: the important thing for you is to show up!
We‘ve made an extra effort to pick a route that showcases the best bits of Bern: a view of our Federal Palace, the turquoise green river Aare, the peaceful nature of the Dählhölzli forest and – an aspect that should not be underestimated – the ups and downs that make our hilly city a challenge for every runner.
The route starts from Dalmaziquai up Jubiläumsstrasse through the Dählhölzli forest. While the 5Kers head back to Dalmaziquai, the 10Kers will complete three rounds in the forest before advancing to the finish line.
We strive to make our run as inclusive as possible: You can choose between our 5K and 10K course. Bring the kids and sign up for our 5K Family run. Not the competitive type? Register for our non-competitive run where we rank participants alphabetically by name and not by time.
Please be aware that you can register a maximum of 3 kids per adult for the Family Run. All participating children must be at least 10 years old. No fees are due for children.
Changing rooms, showers and bag storage area is located in the Matte sports gymnasium, in short walking distance from the EuroGames villages.
Friday, July 28, 2023, 18:30
5km and 10km
Competitive (by age/gender)
Non-competitive (alphabetical ranking)
5K Family run (non-competitive, maximum three children per adult)
Registration for EGLSF members: €80
Registration for non EGLSF members: €100
Pride Run 5K/10K sports fee: €10
Registering for EuroGames 2023
Registration is open to everyone above the age of 18 regardless of skill level, sexual orientation, gender identity and nationality. A registration fee is required for all athletes.
What you can expect from participating in EuroGames 2023:
- You will receive a complimentary functional shirt (please indicate your size when registering) from our sports partners Craft and Ochsner Sport
- You will take part in a professionally organised tournament
- You have the chance to win a medal in your sport
- You will have access to discounts for selected events and parties
- You can participate in the Opening Ceremony
- You can participate in the Closing Ceremony Ceremony
- You will have access to the EuroGames Village in the Old Town of Bern
- You can experience BernPride on Saturday, July 29, 2023
- You can attend several side events and cultural programs
Early Bird: 100 days
We offer an early bird special for select groups for the first 100 days of our registration period until November 7, 2022. Please avail of the following discount codes:
- XX Euro discount for all participants under 25 years: YOUTHOUTREACH22
- XX Euro discount for all participants from countries outside of Western Europe and North America: GLOBALOUTREACH22
All registered participants will receive our official athlete’s shirt.
Changing facilities for Pride Run 5K/10K
Food & Beverage
We are currently working on a catering concept for the tournament days. We will provide more information in June 2023.
Good to know
Changing rooms, showers and a baggage storage area will be provided at the Matte sports gymnasium. The sports gymnasium is conveniently within walking distance to the EuroGames village and the start/finish area.
How to get there
Sports hall Matte: From the EuroGames village, take the stairs located behind the cathedral down to the lower level. Total walking time: approximately 6 mintues.
Start area: Take trams 6,7,8 or bus 19 to «Helvetiaplatz». Take the stairs down to the river (approximately 10 minute walk). If you’re heading to the race area from sports hall Matte, it is a 15 minute walk.
If staying at a hotel or registered Airbnb, you will receive a Bern Ticket for free access to public transport to all sports locations.