Track and Field
Pardon our dust
The Track and Field tournament will take place at the SportsHub Wankdorf. This particular 400m track is the home turf of Mujinga Kambundji, 60 metres 2022 World indoor champion and current Swiss record holder over 60 metres, 100 metres and 200 metres.
A sport defined by a strict gender binary, we look forward to offering a third gender category for nonbinary athletes. Male categories are open to all who identify as male and female categories are open to all who identify as female.
The Olympic disciplines in the Track & Field competition include the following disciplines:
- Running: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, and 1500m
- Hurdles: 100m, 110m and 400m
- Throwing: discus, javelin and shot put
- Jumping: long jump, triple jump and high jump
Keeping with EuroGames tradition there will also be a Swedish relay. The relay teams will be formed on the day of the competition. You can indicate without obligation during registration whether you are interested in a relay start or not.
A definite timetable will be published after the end of registration in July. The tournament is governed by the rules of World Athletics. Technical information such as hurdle height per age category can be found here.
Thursday, July 27 2023
Active, Masters (35+)
100, 100/110m hurdles, 200m, 400m, 400m hurdles, 800m, 1500m, relay, javelin throw, discus throw, shot put, high jump, long jump and triple jump
Registration for EGLSF members: €80
Registration for non EGLSF members: €100
Track and Field sports fee: €10
Registering for EuroGames 2023
Registration is open to everyone above the age of 18 regardless of skill level, sexual orientation, gender identity and nationality. A registration fee is required for all athletes.
What you can expect from participating in EuroGames 2023:
- You will receive a complimentary functional shirt (please indicate your size when registering) from our sports partners Craft and Ochsner Sport
- You will take part in a professionally organised tournament
- You have the chance to win a medal in your sport
- You will have access to discounts for selected events and parties
- You can participate in the Opening Ceremony
- You can participate in the Closing Ceremony Ceremony
- You will have access to the EuroGames Village in the Old Town of Bern
- You can experience BernPride on Saturday, July 29, 2023
- You can attend several side events and cultural programs
All registered participants will receive our official athlete’s shirt.
Your location for Track and Field
Sports Hub Wankdorf
Food & Beverage
We are currently working on a catering concept for the tournament days. We will provide more information in June 2023.
Good to know
Lockers are available inside the sports hall to store your valuables. There are small lockers in the hallway which require a two franc coin deposit. Bigger lockers are available in the changing rooms. Please bring a padlock to make use of the bigger lockers. Do not leave your valuables overnight.
How to get there
Option 1: Take tram line 9 «Wankdorf Bahnhof» to the «Wankdorfplatz» stop. Travel time from Bern main station is approximately 13 minutes.
Option 2: Take bus line 20 «Wankdorf Bahnhof» to the «Wyler» stop. Travel time from Bern main station is approximately 9 minutes.
If staying at a hotel or registered Airbnb, you will receive a Bern Ticket for free access to public transport to all sports locations.