They see me rollin’
Get ready for the first Roller Derby tournament in EuroGames history.
The collective “Queer Swiss Roller Derby Players” will be organising the games (also called “bouts” in Derby), which are offered on three levels: fun (bottom), fun-competitive (switch) and competitive (top). These games will take place on Thursday and Friday, July 27-28.
On Saturday, July 29, we will be playing a queer joy game (called scrimmage in Derby, because teams are made up of players from different leagues, at differing levels) until noon.
One game takes 90 minutes consisting of two halves of 30 minutes each and one break.
We will comply with the gender statement of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA). All participants must fulfill the minimal skill test requirement as stated by the WFTDA and need to have completed at least one game.
Registration is open to single players, packs and complete teams. Please keep in mind that the registration fee is due per person.
Thursday, July 27, 2023
Friday, July 28, 2023
Saturday, July 29, 2023 (until noon)
Traditional games on Thursday and Friday
Queer joy game on Saturday morning
Registration for EGLSF members: €80
Registration for non EGLSF members: €100
Roller Derby sports fee: €10
Registering for EuroGames 2023
Registration is open to everyone above the age of 18 regardless of skill level, sexual orientation, gender identity and nationality. A registration fee is required for all athletes.
What you can expect from participating in EuroGames 2023:
- You will receive a complimentary functional shirt (please indicate your size when registering) from our sports partners Craft and Ochsner Sport
- You will take part in a professionally organised tournament
- You have the chance to win a medal in your sport
- You will have access to discounts for selected events and parties
- You can participate in the Opening Ceremony
- You can participate in the Closing Ceremony Ceremony
- You will have access to the EuroGames Village in the Old Town of Bern
- You can experience BernPride on Saturday, July 29, 2023
- You can attend several side events and cultural programs
Early Bird: 100 days
We offer an early bird special for select groups for the first 100 days of our registration period until November 7, 2022. Please avail of the following discount codes:
- XX Euro discount for all participants under 25 years: YOUTHOUTREACH22
- XX Euro discount for all participants from countries outside of Western Europe and North America: GLOBALOUTREACH22
All registered participants will receive our official athlete’s shirt.
Your location for Roller Derby
Grosse Halle, Kulturzentrum Reitschule
Food & Beverage
We are currently working on a catering concept for the tournament days. We will provide more information in June 2023.
Good to know
The Kulturzentrum Reitschule is the queer-feminist heart of Bern. The events offered range from concerts to film and theatre screenings, performances, exhibitions and literary readings. It is also home to the «Frauenraum» («women’s space»).
How to get there
The Grosse Halle is part of the Kulturzentrum Reitschule and can be easily reached on foot from Bern’s main station. If travelling by bus, get off at the stop «Bollwerk», which is served by the bus lines 11, 18, 20 and 21.
If staying at a hotel or registered Airbnb, you will receive a Bern Ticket for free access to public transport to all sports locations.